TRANSFORMATION AT RIMS
By gurujothkohli
___________________________________________________________________
Carrying my educational certificates I stepped out the house at 6:30 am in the morning all anxious to reach Kakinada. My 1 hour journey was memorable as the rajahmundry-kakinada road way is through lush green fields and the crop waiting to be harvested. Looking at the climate as it was spring season but still the rainy season has not signaled red.
So, arrived the 7th September 2008, the day I was dreaming since my final years of graduation. This was the day where I as a graduate would go through tremendous training and turn into a future corporate tycoon. The dream which I cherished since my childhood days. Can’t say what exactly I was feeling being stepped into an entire new environment I was shivering and a bit too nervous because I was living the dream of every graduate who want’s to pursue MBA but only few are fortunate to realize it.
The fresh air of the millennium city and also the district headquarters had forced me to reassure and calm down myself. Initially as I entered the college the campus impressed me. After all it was one of the firstly established institutes in the city and carries a lot of reputation. I just heard from other sources that I would be a training camp where we shall be transformed for two years and finally made a ready product for the industry. But a lot of strict rules at conditions apply for us
It took me 15 minutes to enquire me about my class and by the time I reached it was already 9:00am and the college hours had started.. I entered the class and met my mates all my batch mates were formally dressed. Our first orientation was from our faculty members where our lecturer MR.SUBHAKAR had given us a presentation on etiquettes to be followed by professionals. The next followed business quiz by another faculty member Mr.Appa Rao where we came to know that tag lines of a product also carry equal significance as the product is. The last session of the day was delt by our H.O.D Mr. Sanjay Kumar this was an orientation session where I interacted with my, mates and sir also gave a storming session on the future boom for MBA i.e., we the future managers.
It was already 12:00 pm and I was leaving for rjy with my mate but it was the time for senior sessions!! The seniors enquired us about our sd and after all enquires they welcomed us into the college. We were informed that from 10 onwards our course curriculum would get started.
Classes started as mentioned . In the mid of september we came to know that we had to organize a management meet as it was a tradition of the college to organize it… all the juniors, seniors and the management worked hard and had set the stage where 1000 MBA’S from different colleges participated this was a memorable and learning experience for us as we were juniors than..
The next most memorable experience for me was the SOCIAL RESPONSIBILTY seminar which I had to deliver and the judge was our experienced principal sir this was a 1.5 hr seminar at this point I came to know that I was good at oratical skills.. and activities continued in the first sem and after clearing the first sem exams I did not know what was in store for us in the second sem as we returned to college after sem holidays. the department had come up with unique concept now they divided us into teams headed by team leaders elected by the class mates at this point they wanted us to tasted organizational culture.
And much to the surprise I was the first leader elected with 75% of the votes and all the teams conducted different activities like add making,role play, rims durbar etc. and gained a lot of experience as these events were judged by the faculty members and also experienced personals from the industry. here in the second sem we came more closer to the faculty members and they were and always be a driving force for all we budding managers to develop into a first class managers. As they brought into more events and brought into a survey that’s a “retail survey” to be organized we all teams worked hard for 3 days to know the pulse of kakinadaites.. And the analysis was done by our principal sir and the survey gave us an opportunity to maintain good rapo with our seniors as they were our team leaders the survey had brought down curtains for the second semester.
After a prolonged 2 month S.I.P. at O.N.G.C,. I attended the college in July and innovation is the key word we can give to the department of management they came with a new concept this time is ICUBE that had been launched recently i.e., industry-institution-interface. where experts from different walks of life and also other walks of life give their valuable speeches to we the wanna be managers.
This program had helped me and my mates a lot to get an extreme makeover in the sense of attitude, dressing sense, knowledge. Because all the managers defined that a manager must be able to sell himself to the recruiter and if he sells himself he can sell anything in the world. Coming to enjoyment I had my spoonful as I was the only one who bunked most of the classes chilled out in the canteen but any how managed to have a good name in the college I am being called the MOTIVATOR OF THE CLASS OR SINGH IS ALWAYS THE KING because I take initiation in every aspect from an activity or about class development aspects.
Finally I conclude that I was a graduate and this was my walk of experience with which I am transforming into future corporate tycoon with all qualities imparted by the institute and with my motto that “ALWAYS AIM AT THE STARS AND ATLEAST WE MAY LAND AT THE MOON” and I can proudly say that rims is the ultimate stop for the future I call them “HOLISTIC” managers which the industry wants in current scenario!
And the journey continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Politely,
GURUJOTH SINGH KOHLI
By gurujothkohli
___________________________________________________________________
Carrying my educational certificates I stepped out the house at 6:30 am in the morning all anxious to reach Kakinada. My 1 hour journey was memorable as the rajahmundry-kakinada road way is through lush green fields and the crop waiting to be harvested. Looking at the climate as it was spring season but still the rainy season has not signaled red.
So, arrived the 7th September 2008, the day I was dreaming since my final years of graduation. This was the day where I as a graduate would go through tremendous training and turn into a future corporate tycoon. The dream which I cherished since my childhood days. Can’t say what exactly I was feeling being stepped into an entire new environment I was shivering and a bit too nervous because I was living the dream of every graduate who want’s to pursue MBA but only few are fortunate to realize it.
The fresh air of the millennium city and also the district headquarters had forced me to reassure and calm down myself. Initially as I entered the college the campus impressed me. After all it was one of the firstly established institutes in the city and carries a lot of reputation. I just heard from other sources that I would be a training camp where we shall be transformed for two years and finally made a ready product for the industry. But a lot of strict rules at conditions apply for us
It took me 15 minutes to enquire me about my class and by the time I reached it was already 9:00am and the college hours had started.. I entered the class and met my mates all my batch mates were formally dressed. Our first orientation was from our faculty members where our lecturer MR.SUBHAKAR had given us a presentation on etiquettes to be followed by professionals. The next followed business quiz by another faculty member Mr.Appa Rao where we came to know that tag lines of a product also carry equal significance as the product is. The last session of the day was delt by our H.O.D Mr. Sanjay Kumar this was an orientation session where I interacted with my, mates and sir also gave a storming session on the future boom for MBA i.e., we the future managers.
It was already 12:00 pm and I was leaving for rjy with my mate but it was the time for senior sessions!! The seniors enquired us about our sd and after all enquires they welcomed us into the college. We were informed that from 10 onwards our course curriculum would get started.
Classes started as mentioned . In the mid of september we came to know that we had to organize a management meet as it was a tradition of the college to organize it… all the juniors, seniors and the management worked hard and had set the stage where 1000 MBA’S from different colleges participated this was a memorable and learning experience for us as we were juniors than..
The next most memorable experience for me was the SOCIAL RESPONSIBILTY seminar which I had to deliver and the judge was our experienced principal sir this was a 1.5 hr seminar at this point I came to know that I was good at oratical skills.. and activities continued in the first sem and after clearing the first sem exams I did not know what was in store for us in the second sem as we returned to college after sem holidays. the department had come up with unique concept now they divided us into teams headed by team leaders elected by the class mates at this point they wanted us to tasted organizational culture.
And much to the surprise I was the first leader elected with 75% of the votes and all the teams conducted different activities like add making,role play, rims durbar etc. and gained a lot of experience as these events were judged by the faculty members and also experienced personals from the industry. here in the second sem we came more closer to the faculty members and they were and always be a driving force for all we budding managers to develop into a first class managers. As they brought into more events and brought into a survey that’s a “retail survey” to be organized we all teams worked hard for 3 days to know the pulse of kakinadaites.. And the analysis was done by our principal sir and the survey gave us an opportunity to maintain good rapo with our seniors as they were our team leaders the survey had brought down curtains for the second semester.
After a prolonged 2 month S.I.P. at O.N.G.C,. I attended the college in July and innovation is the key word we can give to the department of management they came with a new concept this time is ICUBE that had been launched recently i.e., industry-institution-interface. where experts from different walks of life and also other walks of life give their valuable speeches to we the wanna be managers.
This program had helped me and my mates a lot to get an extreme makeover in the sense of attitude, dressing sense, knowledge. Because all the managers defined that a manager must be able to sell himself to the recruiter and if he sells himself he can sell anything in the world. Coming to enjoyment I had my spoonful as I was the only one who bunked most of the classes chilled out in the canteen but any how managed to have a good name in the college I am being called the MOTIVATOR OF THE CLASS OR SINGH IS ALWAYS THE KING because I take initiation in every aspect from an activity or about class development aspects.
Finally I conclude that I was a graduate and this was my walk of experience with which I am transforming into future corporate tycoon with all qualities imparted by the institute and with my motto that “ALWAYS AIM AT THE STARS AND ATLEAST WE MAY LAND AT THE MOON” and I can proudly say that rims is the ultimate stop for the future I call them “HOLISTIC” managers which the industry wants in current scenario!
And the journey continues!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Politely,
GURUJOTH SINGH KOHLI
Good one.....I got a feeling as If I was travelling in the rajahmundry-kakinada road......and Ya we will definitely reach the stars... at least we will try .......and why don't you start writing books...what say?
ReplyDelete